Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Here Comes Trouble Brownies (Gluten-Free)

I made these gluten free brownies a few weeks ago, and they were pretty yummy!

(1) Melt 1 stick of butter, 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate plus 1 tablespoon coconut oil or other cooking oil in an 8 square baking pan (I put them in the oven for 4 or 5 five minutes while it preheats and I assemble the other ingredients. Be careful not to over heat it and burn the chocolate).

(2) Add to pan:
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup gluten-free flour (I used the featherlite mix)
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 tablespoons Jell-O Instant pudding mix (I used vanilla flavor)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

(3) Stir until smooth. Bake 27 to 30 minutes at 350F. Cool before frosting.

Frosting: Gently soften 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips plus 2 tablespoons butter in the top of a double boiler (or a metal or glass mixing bowl set over boiling water). (I did it in the microwave) When thoroughly melted, stir in a few tablespoons of powdered confectioners sugar until smooth. Spread over brownies and sprinkle with chopped nuts while still warm.

0 comments: