Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hoover Dam

Well, Scott got the camera back together enough that I could get the pictures off my sticks, but the lens won't extend out, and you can't take any more pictures with it, so we know for sure that we have to buy a new one now. I have found a few of the same camera on ebay. They are used but I think that's what we will do, as it really does take good pictures, we have had it for almost 7 years and we have never had a problem with it, but Sony doesn't make it anymore. We have seen pictures from other digitals that aren't near as good of pictures and have higher megapixels. We think its the lens that is so good on this one. I am just really going to miss having one for a week!

So.. I am glad I was able to get these pictures off. Here is Hoover Dam. The kids and I stopped here for an hour, on our way back from Wisconsin. It was 122 degrees when we were walking along there!! What a welcome back to Arizona! Then, when we got in the van and climbed the ridge to the top, it dropped to 116 degrees. The Hoover Dam is right on the Nevada/Arizona border. They claim it to be the most famous dam in the world, rising 600 feet above the Colorado River.




This is the river from the upper side of the dam.


This is the wall that holds the water. You can't even get close to the actual size in the picture.


These are the generators at the bottom.


Here, you can see the bridge that they are building over the dam. It is to open in 2011.

0 comments: