Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Friday, August 5, 2011

Our "friends" that lived in our yard

Yes, not so happy to say it, but we did have trantulas living in the yard we lived in when we first came to Texas... scary!! But so far, none have ventured into the house, and none at our new house so thats the good news. Some of you may hear my screams if one ever does :) I did get a geico in my bath with me once, and that caused some screaming for a bit too :) Sure not used to these southern creatures yet.

But for some entertainment (I am sure we can find something better for entertainment I know!) Scott and the kids have been tying a June bug or cricket or whatever they could find onto a piece of thread and dangling it above the trantulas home (a dime sized hole in the ground, which is dug out bigger underneath) The trantula will quickly come out and grab the bug and take it in his home. Once, Scott yanked the spider right out with the thread and put him in a bucket and brought him in the house for a bit to watch him.










This is a walking stick that Devon found in our back yard

0 comments: