Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Friday, September 4, 2009

Found a Great Dentist in Mexico

Well... a friend told us about this dentist that several of the friends had been to. We were very impressed, actually probably the best dentist we have ever been to!! And...between Scott and I, we saved $3232.00 less about 150 in gas!!! Scott had 4 fillings done, I had 3 done and 3 crowns. I went yesterday and got the permanent crowns on, and they look great!

It is across from Yuma, AZ (about a 3 1/2 hour drive each way for us) so it was a long drive. The first time, we all went, and I felt safe, but was nervous going in by myself with Kylee yesterday. You park on the US side in a gated parking lot, and just walk across. I walked straight there and straight back (2 blocks each way) saying NO THANKS 50 times along the way :) There are open storefronts the whole way along the road but I was too nervous to do any looking.

Here is their website if anyone is interested and willing to travel to save some money. http://www.drconnieayaladds.com/ The buiding is very plain on the outside and inside, but once you get back in the dentist chair, everything looks the same as if you were in the US. All the equipment is the same, all sanitary etc.

A few weeks ago, I had a bad experience in a mexican dentist office. A guy from Scotts work (who is mexican and obviously had never been in an american dentists office) referred us there. He took us there, otherwise we would have never went in. It was run out of his home, no signs, no gloves, questionable sanitary tools, his fillings were just a tube that twisted up like a lipstick tube and he chipped off some stuff and stuck it in your tooth, half a dentists chair with headrests that squeeze your head to hold your upper body up. The filling was white, but he didn't have the ability to match your tooth color so it stuck out terribly. It was in my front tooth and was very crooked. He told me to come back and he would straighten it the next time as it was too soft to work with right then. Needless to say, the new dentist we just went to had to take out the filling and replace it! I only let the first guy do one filling so I could just get out of there! Glad thats all that happened from that experience.

0 comments: